ENTECH is specialized in Melt Blown products and in the way to obtain them through Extrusion Technologies.
The Melt Blown Process to obtain Polypropylene (PP) SMS/SMMS products for example (typically for hygiene and filtration applications) is carried out as per the following in-line steps:
- Loading and storing of the polymer
- Polymer extrusion and melt filtration
- Spinning into filaments (Spunbond Beams and/or Melt Blown Beams)
- Filaments stretching/spray
- Filaments distribution and web formation
- Web transfer by conveyor belt
- Web bonding by calender (thermal bonding)/ultra sound
- Surface finishing and calibration
- Slitting and winding
Melt blowing is a technique for the realization of fibrous articles from resins or polymers which is based on the utilization of appropriate forces, such as high speed and hot air, in order to stretch and spray the filaments.
The Melt Blown Process and production of melt blown fabric is a one-step process depending on high speed and hot air that blows a resin/polymer. The Melt Blown process is not so different from the Spunbond one, which is represented by a single integrated process that transforms resin/polymer into nonwoven fabrics.